Saturday, August 20, 2011

Yahoo!

I know a lot of Calgarians roll their eyes when they hear the word "Stampede". I know I have! I just think of all the skantily clad women, the drunks, the carnies, the cheesy outfits, the money spent and think to myself, "I think i'll just stay in and watch a movie". But you know what? I received the itinerary in the mail and saw all the fun things going down at the Stampede and thought, "I'm taking a day off work and we're taking our butts down to the Stampede Grounds." After all, it IS the greatest outdoor show on earth. How could we miss out?
 Walking to the train, observing the jungle of weeds near an empty lot
 I love bumblebees!! I want to make a Bee Kite one day.
 Jordan after going down the UP escalator!
 Waiting for the train. It's nice that it's so close to our house now!
 Awww what a cutie!
 Wow...really? (as seen on the NE C-train)
We're here!!
 Amazing sand sculpture
Speed painter
 My little brother talking to the painter
 Mildly creepy bronze statue guy
 High dive 
 It just isn't the Stampede without mini donuts!
 So good but so bad!
 Ice skating/acrobat show
David Pelletier and Jamie Sale


 Trampoline wall


Human cannonball (seriously...how do you get a job like that?)

 Deciding what to do next
 Baby chickies!
 Aww so cute!
 I think it freaked Jordan out a bit!
 Mini horse!
 Super dogs
 Impressive motocross
 I think I was holding by breath the whole time
 Serious talent
 It was nice to meet up with my mom, my brothers, and two of my sisters
 Pretty fireworks
 Getting scared for the ride (we just went on one)
 Ride time!
Crazy food like deep fried oreos...good thing we passed on that one.

For those of you who hate Stampede, I think you should all stop being pickle suckers and go next year! If you're organized and figure out what's going on, you can have a great date day! 
I love my Cowboy and have been having a great summer with him. I'm sad it's almost back to school time :(




2 comments:

  1. You guys should TOTALLY try the oreos next year. I skipped them in 2010, but Adam bought them again this year and I was hungry so I tried one. I ended up eating half of what he bought! So good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh fun, good blog post! I've only been to the Stampede once but for all the bad talk it gets I had a ton of fun. ps. you still have that head band!!!??? You and me got that one and a dark brown one when we went and stayed with Aunt Twyla and here family like 10 years ago. hahahah Remember?

    ReplyDelete