Sunday, October 2, 2011

Geocaching

We have recently discovered GEOCACHING and totally love it!
Watch this video here if you're clueless as to what I'm talking about:


We've been finding it's a great way to discover new areas around our city and hope to be able to do some finding in other parts of the world! 
August 25, 2011
 Here's Jordan at a cache very close to our apartment. He is signing the log book. It's crazy to think that these hidden treasures are everywhere! We drive or walk past this area every day and didn't even know this was here!
The loot and our GPS. Love the monkey!
September 1, 2011
 Getting closer...
 Here is is! Hidden in a pine tree.
 The view from the cache location. I love Calgary!
Lookin' LEGIT!
September 6, 2011 (cache #1)
 This one was in a strange place. Lots of cars driving by and old people staring at us as we looked in the bushes! We opened it and quickly signed the log book. We traded some mints for some chalk! (Which I use all the time for my primary class)
 The loot! It's always very random. 
 My handsome Jordan
September 6, 2011 (cache #2)
This cache is located in the CNIB's garden. It's a beautiful garden with neat braille signs for blind people. 
*Note I did not take this picture* Link here
 Snails!
 Pretty spider web. What amazing creatures!
This is a magnetic tin that was found inside a mailbox. It's only big enough for a logbook. 
We highly recommend this inexpensive, fun activity. I'll warn you though...it's really addictive! 
Learn more here at the official geocaching website. Read about my friend's adventures with geocaching here

No comments:

Post a Comment