I printed the words on cardstock and left spaces for envelopes with selected words on them. Each envelope had a card inside with detail of our next activity/gift.
Here's the first page of the binder:
And here's Jordan flipping through the binder:
FALL (Taco Soup - hearty comfort food)
is here, hear the yell
BACK (back massage)
to school, ring the bell
BRAND NEW SHOES (shopping at the mall)
walking blues
CLIMB the fence (coupon for rock climbing - we also found a rock climbing wall later on so I'll put those pictures up here)
(We love self-timer!)
(I don't know how Jordan's doing this "Look Ma! No Feet!" thing...)
BOOKS AND PENS (Chapters)
(^weird book about cooking with random cuts of meat)
I can tell that we are going to be
FRIENDS (photobooth pictures)
Walk with me, Suzy Lee, through the
PARK (directions to drive to a park)
and by the tree
we can rest upon the ground
and look at all the bugs we've
FOUND (geocache coordinates)
(clever geocache - hidden in a "pinecone")
(See this webpage for information on geocaching)
(We found that one really fast so we went to another one nearby. I had some issues climbing this fence. It was one of those moments you had to be there for. Jordan tried to help me down and I just went limp noddlee then we landed in a pile on the grass laughing our heads off. People must think we're nuts with all our crazy antics. I love it.)
(Another clever hide)
(Sneaky!)
Safely walk to school without a
SOUND ($10 to spend at the iTunes store)
Here we are, no-one else
Walk to school all by ourselves
There's dirt on our uniforms
From chasing all the
ANTS AND WORMS (bucket of gummy worms I stashed under the car seat)
We CLEAN UP (Pedicures - even men need clean feet!)
And now it's time to learn
NUMBERS, LETTERS (scrambled letters on the card that Jordan had to unscramble to see where we were going for dinner)
(Trying to figure out the science behind always winning tic-tac-toe)
Nouns and BOOKS (During dinner, we worked on our bucket list so we can make a BLURB book of our adventures)
Some of the things on our bucket list:
-Helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon
-Drive-in movie
-Put a message in a bottle
-Clean out Tim Hortons of all their doughnuts
-Gigantic slip and slide
-Send someone a singing telegram
-Make a chalk outline of a person in a random place
-Start a food fight
(We have more! I guess we'll have this blog for our whole lives!)
and show and tell, play time we will
THROW THE BALL (coupon to play fooseball)
and back to class on through the hall.
Teacher marks our height
AGAINST THE WALL (coupon to play raquetball)
We don't notice any time pass
Cuz we don't notice anything.
We sit SIDE BY SIDE (movie watching time!)
in every class
Teacher thinks that I sound FUNNY (we tried to pick out a funny movie, but we wanted to watch the 3rd X-Men movie. It was pretty good and actually did have some funny parts)
but she likes it when you
SING (coupon saying that I'll play him a song on the piano whenever he wants)
Tonight I'll dream, in my
BED (we we're going to play a card game in bed but got too sleepy)
while silly thoughts run
through my head
of the bugs and alphabet
and when I wake tomorrow I'll bet
You and I will walk together again
Cuz I can tell that we are gonna be
FRIENDS (little note:)
Jordan,
I love you more and more everyday. You are so wonderful in so many ways. You are so smart, handsome, dedicated, and thoughtful. I know we can be together forever - I can't wait!
Love, Melissa








This is SO cute! I love the dates that you guys go on!!
ReplyDeleteThanks! :)
ReplyDelete