Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Hunger Games - A Family Date

My family rocks. We try to have a Sunday family dinner once a month and an activity day once a month. This month Jordan and I were in charge and planned a day at the movies. We pre-booked the tickets at the AVX theatre to ensure we would all be sitting next to each other and so Emily could have an end seat to take out baby Missy if she was fussy.
The movie we chose was The Hunger Games!
It was SO good. A lot of us had read the books and sometimes it's hard to enjoy a movie when you've already read the book, but we thought they did a great job. Highly recommend it!!

Of course, this wouldn't be a blog-worthy date if it weren't for some awesome theme snacks which were smuggled into the theatre:

Can anyone guess who's the favorite in the family? Poor Missy just woke up and was smothered by a herd of Hawryluks 

Taylor and Sarra made these awesome Tshirts!!

Waiting for the movie to start

The whole gang

Who said a date just needs to be you and your hubby? Bring your family along!
Also, another tip - a movie may seem like a boring date, but you can make it a lot more fun and original by planning a snack or game that goes along with the movie. The Dating Divas have lots of ideas like this.

2 comments:

  1. I love this blog post! I love the picture of Missy! Her face is so funny. She looks so freaked out! lol
    This was such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy looks so funny!! I think she is thinking "where am I and who are all these people?" She did really good in the movie though.

    I loved the treats!! So fitting!

    ReplyDelete