We love them because they are:
-Christian. But not that sort of Christian Rock where you feel just plain weird because they're like "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, I want to be with you Jesus. You are my best buddy Jesus". No, Switchfoot writes lyrics that are subtly Christian like,
"I'll be waiting,
Anticipating,
All that I aim for,
What I was made for,
With every heartbeat,
All of my blood bleeds,
Running inside me,
Looking for you."
or "Maybe redemption has stories to tell,
maybe forgiveness is right where you fell,
where can you run to escape from yourself?
Where you gonna go? Where you gonna go?
Salvation is here"....Okay sorry...I'm totally singing in my head now. haha.
-Clean. I hate when you have to skip songs due to swears.
-Cute. I mean, come on, they're a California surf band!
-High energy. Their concerts are always so energetic.
-Positive. It's so annoying when music makes you want to jab your eye out with a spoon.
-Performing at small venues. It's fun that they perform at Mac Hall when they come here because it's so much more intimate. We were SOOO close this time (Thanks Meggie for standing in line!).
Anyways, I'll stop gushing about how awesome they are and show you some pictures and movies so you can see for yourself!!
Waiting for the concert to begin. We had an extra ticket for Taylor's friend but they couldn't come, so last minute we made Jarom come along! First concert - oh yaaa!
We were bored so we played Stella Ella Olla
Jarom was so much fun. haha. He folded his ticket into origami.
The band that opened for them was called The Rocket Summer. I had never heard of them but they were really good. I think I might download their CD.
Sarra yelled, "I love you AJ" to the guitarist and he smiled at her. haha.
The girlies. Melissa, Megan, Taylor, and Sarra
Jarom and I were getting tired while waiting for Switchfoot to come on so we took a break by sitting on the floor! Standing room only concerts are NOT good for your feet. Megan was smart and wore runners.
Yes!! So stoked for Switchfoot. This is the lead singer, Jon Foreman
Even though we were standing quite close, Jarom still couldn't see anything so there was this man who was there with his young daughter who let him stand up against the barrier. LUCKY!! He had a great view so I let him take my iPhone up there and take some movies and pictures.
Dark Horses, from their newest album, Vice Verses
This is Your Life, from their album, The Beautiful Letdown. (I've probably listened to that CD a billion times since it came out in 2003)
Where I Belong, from Vice Verses. I really love this song.
Dare You to Move, from their albums The Beautiful Letdown and Learning to Breathe. I love that they play a mix of their old stuff and new stuff. This song had a big influence on me growing up.
(From my viewpoint)
Noooo! It's over!
With the lead singer from The Rocket Summer. Yes...I'm wearing two shirts...I had to buy a new one but where was I going to put my other one? It made for a very hot concert.
My favorite picture from the night!
We had such a fun night! I want to go to more concerts. Live music is ten kabillion times better than a recording. Oh and guess what?! I touched Jon Forman's arm!!!!!! Are you jealous?!








This was such a good night!!!! I wish I could relive it again and again! By far my favourite concert!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete