Thursday, August 2, 2012

Adults Only Night at Telus Spark (The Science Centre)

Some of my earliest memories are those of the of the Calgary Science Centre. The scary animatronic dinosaurs, the big house with the slides, the fan with the floating ball, racing lego cars, the star shows, etc. My dad used to work there so we went all the time.
Now that the old science centre closed, we were excited to check out the new Telus Spark centre.
We planned to go on the Adults Only Night (Second Thursday) so we didn't have to push little kids out of the way to play with the exhibits.
This was a "wishing tree". I loved the note (on the left) that said, "I wish the poor people would get better". So cute. 


I liked this random fort


This thing was so weird. Magnetic liquid! 
 Dried ice bubbles!

 This area was kind of weird but we tried to have fun with it. You had to guess what expression the person was acting. I think I was acting out excitement at winning a million dollars.
 My little electronic horse
 Jordan's hat
And to end the night - some mentos bombs!

Our overall impression of the Telus Spark Centre:

Positives:
-Large space
-Good location
-Adults night cool idea
-Some cool exhibits

Negatives:
-$$Expensive$$ - about $20/person not including a show ($8/person) or parking ($5/car)
-Felt like it was missing a whole section. We were surprised we had seen it all so fast.
-Upstairs area weird.

Maybe we would have more fun there if we had kids?? I guess that IS their main focus so perhaps that was why it was a little boring for us. 
I still think it's worth checking out, but be prepared to fork over some dough!

No comments:

Post a Comment