Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Date Night Disaster

If you frequent my little blog on a regular basis, you may think, "Aww how cute! They have all these cute perfect date nights. Gag me with a spoon!" Well guess what? Not every date night we have is perfect! 


Friday the 13th Eve Date Night Disaster

We wanted to have a romantic evening so we dropped off Abby at my sister's house down in the South (Abby's cousin, Missy was so excited to play with her!) and drove back to our place.
We love the CPO and always look forward to the "Taste of the CPO" at the beginning of the season. They feature a few songs from each of their upcoming concerts. And we had front row tickets! 
Because parking costs an arm and a leg downtown, we decided to hop in a nearby Car2Go and take it to the EPCOR Centre. (You don't have to pay for parking with Car2Go). We have used Car2Go several times and have never had a problem with it.



Off we go... oblivious to the catastrophe ahead!

The issues begin - 
1. Can't find parking downtown!
2. Finally find a spot several blocks from the EPCOR Centre
3. The system in the car won't let us park there!


4. I try calling the car2go office on my cell phone and I can't get through to them!
5. After several minutes of this, Jordan tells me to go get our tickets from the box office and go to the show
6. I run the several blocks to the CPO in my dress and get to the doors right as the show is starting. I leave Jordan's ticket at the door for him, hoping he can join me soon. 
7. Meanwhile, Jordan tries parking several other places to see if that works. It doesn't. (You can't just leave the car because someone else could open the door and drive it off a cliff or something and it would be on your account)


8. Jordan texts me during the show saying he can't figure it out. Person next to me glares at me for texting during the orchestra.
9. I decide to leave to go help him so after the first song, I duck out of there...Oh did I mention that I had front row tickets? So I have to clamber over a bunch of people to get out of there and I felt like everyone's eyes were on me. 
10. As my cell phone is dying, I try to contact Jordan to come pick me up. Other Car2Gos keep driving past and I think they're Jordan so I go running down the block...ya...not him. 
11. Car to go sends me obvious text messages. (P.S. I wasn't documenting this all for blog stories. I was keeping track of things for future Car2Go conversations, as they would soon be hearing our outrage!)

12. We take the car back to our house and on the way home, we press the SOS button in the car but can't get through.
13. As we are parked outside our house waiting for the call to go through, Jordan thinks to try tweeting them. It works!
14. The Car2Go staff member was very apologetic and said they would get us new tickets to the orchestra and to just leave the car and they would remotely disable it.
15. We go inside and try to decide what to do. We didn't have a ton of time because we needed to go get Abby, so we decided to get dessert at Boleros. On the way there, I check what time they close....it was too late!
16. "Guess we'll just go get Abby then"...Deerfoot is a parking lot! (9:30pm). We turn on the radio and they say, "For some reason Deerfoot is very congested. We are not 100% sure why." Jordan says, "Oh. It's because Melissa and Jordan wanted to go out on a special date night!" lol
17. We take an alternate route and stop at a DQ. I buy the fattest blizzard. Ice cream heals all wounds. (Go to take picture...cell phone is dead...of course) We go pick up our sweet baby and call it a night!

Yes, the evening was a series of unfortunate events, however, it became quite comical and we tried to stay positive and remember that it wasn't the end of the world.

AND...Car2Go purchased us new CPO tickets to the Disney in Concert show! The great thing about this is that we usually buy CPO Possibilities tickets (discounted tickets for ages 14-29) and those seats are all sold out for the disney show. So we get to go to a show we really wanted to see but didn't want to pay full price for. Great customer retention skills Car2Go! They impressed us with their apologies and recovery of the situation.


We found out later that Car2Go's system was down North America wide for 1.5 hours that evening, hence the back-log to their phone system. They said they are working on a new system to overcome that issue.

Blog post to come in October about the Disney Concert!

No comments:

Post a Comment