Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Exploring the Milky Way Galaxy

They say Galileo was a great astronomer. I don't really know who "they" is, nor do I care. All I know is that he is Italian, and that I love Italian food. I'm always looking for reasons to gorge myself with bread, pasta and pizza which is why I used Galileo and the great country of Italy as a starting point for this evening's date. God bless Galileo... and of course, great Italian food! 

This evening Melissa and I did two things to honor the great work of Galileo and other great astronomers just like him. The first is obvious, I ordered pizza and Melissa ordered pasta. The bread was free (as it usually is), and because we were such entertaining customers (or because Melissa is such a babe) we were treated to a free dessert!

After dinner we ventured out into the dark countryside to the Rothney Astrophysical Observatory to explore the Milky Way through their high powered telescopes. It was amazing! Check out some of the pictures from this amazing night with my amazing wife.

The Rothney Astrophysical Observatory. Check them out at www.ucalgary.ca/rao/

I didn't take this picture, although what we saw was just as amazing. It makes you feel so small and helps you to appreciate the glory of God.

This is where Melissa and I had dinner. La Trattoria D'Italia on Edmonton Trail. The service was excellent, as well as the food.

Good thing I have huge biceps!

I don't know why Melissa is smiling. She's holding up the moon!

I hate to think that we may have had more fun playing inside than gazing into the night sky.

We have so much fun together...

...perhaps way too much fun. I'm surprised nobody kicked us out!


Melissa and I had a great night together. I love spending time with her and know that we will always cherish these moments we create together.

2 comments:

  1. I went there for my birthday once and my friend that took me totally tried to convince me that the other people that were in there were mafia guys...you know the type...dark, obscure etc. I totally think she was lying...lol. I'm really saying totally a lot. I'm "totally" sorry ; )

    You guys have the funnest dates! I look forward to reading about them every week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's "totally" awesome! haha.
    Thank you. :) Sadly there wont be one this week. I'm going to a family reunion, which will be really fun but lonely because Jordan can't come. :(

    ReplyDelete