Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Smookie Date

Smookie...that's how my niece says spooky. I love it.
The City of Calgary has some facinating FREE activities throughout the year, and when I saw they were doing cemetary tours, I knew we had to check it out.
We toured the "old" section of this cemetery
There are schools named after these guys

We were the youngest people on the tour. haha
Our insightful tour guide telling us stories about the people who are buried here
I liked how you could see the Calgary Tower through the trees
Mr. & Mrs. Prince (They have a sweet house you can tour at Heritage Park. He is also the namesake of Prince's Island.)
Patrick Burns
I love old things. It was so interesting learning about these influential people who lived right here in Calgary.
Me and my buddy
We went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner. I know Mexicans are into the whole "Day of the Dead" thing, so that fits into the whole "smookie" date thing. We then watched a vampire movie while we cuddled in bed. This was one of my favorite dates. You guys seriously need to go discover the awesome things hidden in your own backyard!

No comments:

Post a Comment