Saturday, November 6, 2010

Chillin' with Grandma and Grandpa Hawryluk

I have the most amazing grandparents ever. They are so kind and sweet. I hope Jordan and I can be just like them when we're old and wrinkly. We visited with them today for about two hours in their home. My favorite thing they told us was how they built that home bit by bit as they could afford it and didn't have running water for the first while. Grandma said she would put a pot of water on to boil and then her and grandpa would just be alone together for a bit while they waited. I love how they hold hands and look at each other with love in their eyes. What a great example to us!
They kindly gave us a huge case of microwave popcorn, some tomatoes from their garden, and the most epic rocking chair ever! They received it from one of their customers at "Happyland Shoes" back in the 60's and had it reupholstered. It's in amazing condition. Perhaps one day we'll rock our babies to sleep in it. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment