On Saturday evening Melissa and I cheered on my Grandpa Smith, as he took part in this year’s annual run and walk, hosted by the Alberta Sports and Recreation Association for the Blind. As the oldest person registered, he completed the 3km race in less than 20 minutes, with NO ASSISTANCE! Oh wait, I forgot to mention that this race took place at night, and in below freezing temperatures!
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Old, blind Grandpa Smith running in the dark on icy walkways with nothing but a light mounted to his head, which he described as being “useless.”
Oh wait, it get’s better…did I mention he was wearing green, tartan, dress pants. Awesome! Just Awesome!
My Grandpa is the most amazing person I know.
Sure, this isn’t your traditional date night, but it was one of the best nights of my life. If you have Grandparents, you have to spend time with them. People with life experience are simply “amazing.”
Grandpa Smith is a rock star. Seriously, that man puts most of us to shame!
ReplyDelete