I wanted to do something nice for Jordan this year so I planned an evening around the theme “4”. Some of my ideas were taken from the awesome girls from Dating Divas. Seriously, they’re so cool.
The night started by giving Jordan this take out box:
"I'm so 'four'tunate to have you in my life! Happy Fourth Anniversary!"
Inside were four fortune cookies I made out of felt. They were so cute!
The fortunes were complete with lucky numbers on the back. Yes, I am a dork.
I had him open the cookies one at a time. Number one was a four course meal. I was a little nervous about making him a fancy dinner because last time I did that, he found a dead bug in a frozen raspberry in his drink. Sick. No bugs this time though (I stuck with water).
Note what’s on my plate: A love letter from Jordan! SOOOOO cute! I love him.
First course: KwasaDILLAs! Just kidding...Quesadillas.
Second course: Bandara salad. I LOVE this salad from the Cactus Club, so I tried my own rendition. Mixed spring greens, dates, feta cheese, corn, chicken breast sprinkled with cajun seasoning and thrown on the george foreman, and topped with crispy chow mien.
Third course: Cheesy Pasta Bake. Home-baked goodness. Jordan’s favourite.
Fourth course: Frozen snickers (1 Litre vanilla ice cream, 1 Litre lite cool whip, 1 package low fat chocolate pudding, and 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter. Mix it all together and pour it into a 13X9 pan and put it in the freezer until frozen) Heaven!
With our tummies full, Jordan opened the next fortune cookie “2. ‘Fore!’ Time for a little mini golf”. I tried to find an indoor mini golf place and realized we don’t have one in Calgary! Really? We have an indoor soccer place, and indoor volleydome, but NO INDOOR MINI GOLF?! What is this world coming to? Hey side note, I heard the roof of that volleydome caved in the other day! Anyway, we went to candystand.com and played “Sweet Putt”!
Ya, Jordan won.
3. "Cuddles and a movie, 'fantastic four'"
Okay, we sometimes do the weirdest thing when watching movies on our laptop (we don’t have a TV), we push our two couches together to make a “boat”. Haha... you have to try it. It’s so much fun! I offered to take the shorter side. (It’s better if both your couches are the same size) If you have no idea what I’m talking about, just never mind.
4. “‘For’give me for the small gift. Go look under your pillow.”
I love my sweetheart so much. I know I say that a lot, but I really mean it. These past 4 years have been amazing; way better then I could’ve even imagined. I hope those people who shut us down when we got engaged see us now. A complete stranger once asked me if I was on crack when I got married at 18. He then proceeded to tell me it would never last and we would be totally different people in a few years time. He thought I was insane for choosing to get married so young. I could tell this was a miserable man and I asked him if he was married. He said he was divorced. Although I was upset that he was so rude, I ultimately felt bad for this man who didn’t have a buddy to share his life with. Maybe if he spent less time criticizing and more time loving, he could be happy too. Marriage is not easy, but it sure isn’t a chore. I couldn’t imagine my life without Jordan. Wow, I’m actually tearing up right now. Sorry, I’ll stop being all sappy now. Haha.







No comments:
Post a Comment