Monday, March 19, 2012

Spare Change Date

We love dates on the cheap! Who says you need to spend a lot of money to have fun?? This afternoon date is a great example of this concept!
We had a late lunch at Chachi's in Chinook Mall because I was craving mac & cheese. Their sandwiches are pretty awesome (make sure you get a side of crunchy pickles!). This was our one "splurge" of the afternoon so if you wanted a cheaper date - make sandwiches at home! :)
After lunch, Jordan was in desperate need for some floss (seriously - he claimed it was an emergency) so we headed to Shopper's Drug Mart. Scanning the isle, we spotted the cheapest kind - $2.09. hmm..kind of a lame-o amount to put on your debit card, so I dug my change purse out of my purse and guess what?...I had EXACTLY $2.09. So awesome.
After lunch (and flossing), we were needing a little dessert. After spotting Purdy's, and I remembered that I had a full stamp card = free chocolate dipped ice cream covered in nuts! WOOHOO!

We then headed over to the theatre to watch a movie. Our friends gave us a free movie/snack ticket for babysitting their twins, so this was another great saver! This is a great idea to save money - exchange a service for a night out OR if you have kids, trade babysitting so you can have a night out without the kids. 
(waiting for the movie to start) P.S. totally forgot to wear makeup so sorry I look like a rag-a-muffin.
Think that's the end of free awesomeness? Think again!
 Free rice krispie granola bars!! They were just handing them out. Warning!! Don't buy them....they're nasty.


Happy cheap dating!!


P.S.
Have you ever noticed how much sodium is in these little seasoning packets for your popcorn??!!
2,720 mg!!
That's 113% of your daily intake!! 
Don't do it!!

Okay...that's my health rant for the day. :)

2 comments:

  1. What movie did you watch? Also the 3 of us need to analyze Hunger Games in all it's YA literary glory

    -Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to "This Means War". It was pretty good. We still need to watch the Hunger Games. We are planning on going on April 6 so we can have our analytical discussion then. :)

    ReplyDelete