The annual Children's Festival is one of my favorite events in Calgary. I used to volunteer for them and it was great because you were able to go to the shows for free. I saw that the festival was coming up again and took a look at the shows. This one caught my attention: Black Violin. I've always enjoyed the artistic approach of taking something classic and putting a modern spin on it. That's definetly what this group did. They took the violin and the viola and turned their music into something unexpected. We thought it was a great date! I also made Jordan a fancy invite that said:
Dear Sir,
It would be an honor if you accepted this invitation to attend the performance entitled "Black Violin" with me on May 29, 2010 at 7:30pm at the Jack Singer Concert Hall. If time permits, we will spend the afternoon observing the Calgary Children's Festival (But NOT participating, as we are MUCH to civilized to engage in such foolish antics) and dinner will be served at a restaurant of your choice.
Please RSVP by giving me a kiss.
Lovingly yours,
Melissa Pierson
After the concert, we went to Peter's Drive-In for a shake and fries!
Take their advice and "THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!"


thanks for the mini-show! they are talented!!
ReplyDeleteThey sure are! It was a fun night!
ReplyDelete