Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Take a Hike!

I looked at the calendar a while ago and realized that Jordan and I got to spend Victoria Day together! A whole day, all to ourselves. "What should we do?" I wondered. I thought it might be fun to go on a hike, considering we spend most of our time indoors and we live so close to the mountains, we should really take advantage of that. So I made up this invite:

I couldn't have asked for a better day for this date. The weather was perfect! (Not too hot, not too cold) We had SO much fun together!


Driving to Canmore


The view at the trail head - So pretty!


Let's get started! (I told my family we were going here and Sarra said, "How can a lake be grassy?"

Which path should we take? More Difficult!! (We're glad we did, it was so pretty!) We took the easy way back though. 

I'm so strong, I can bend trees!

Don't fall! 

I wasn't going to add this one, but Jordan thinks it's SOOO funny. ha...ha...ha...

You can't really tell, but this is actually a little waterfall.

Gorgeous view!

I was so nervous when Jordan climbed down here!

Missy and Jordy

This trail was so cool! How do you even go about making a trail like this?

Poser!

We brought a PHAT fruit salad with us!

Little bridge

One of the pretty lakes at the top of the hike

It was so pretty. I am so grateful for all the wonderful things God has blessed us with. 

Jordan checking for Trolls

Some people were rock climbing

End of trail :(

After our hike, we spent some time poking around the shops in Canmore, then headed home to relax. This date was seriously awesome. I loved spending time with my sweetheart. We talked lots and even played the question game which is something we loved to do when we were first dating. Some of the questions included, "Have you ever wanted to invent something?" (to which I responded that I once invented a sweet bubblegum machine and actually made it. Out of a tide box. haha.), "If you could have one wish, what would you wish for?" Jordan - To know everything. Duh. "Would you rather be colorblind or have no taste buds?" and other random goofiness.
I love you sweetie! Thanks for making life an adventure!

2 comments:

  1. K... So I am like legit stalking you... I looked at your pics a few days ago... but I wanted to make sure I had a good look at your blog... So THERE... I did it! PS I love grassi lakes... I hiked it last summer and I thought it was GREAT!
    ps you better check out my blog now... OR ELSE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. STALKER! Hey did you watch our fat pants video? It's awesome.
    Ya grassi lakes rocks. We had lots of fun.
    K, I'll totally check out your blog. And write mean things all over it. jk. I'll be nice. lol.

    ReplyDelete