Melissa is finally 22! Sure, it's not exactly a milestone birthday. I didn't bother making a trip to the Hallmark Store to pick up a card. What would the card say anyway? "Yeah! you're 22, fun for you!" Sounds lame. Instead, I tried to make today a special day, a day she would love, and of course a day that would award me enough brownie points to last until next year. She's not flashy and doesn't like it when people try to impress her with money and material things, which is great because I have neither. Just a heart of gold. ;) Where do I begin? I stayed up late the night before, cleaning the whole house. In the morning I got up at 6:00. What a terrible idea that was. My love for Melissa must be real because there is nothing important enough to motivate me to roll out of bed that early. I had to get started on breakfast, which consisted of Belgian waffles, whipped cream, strawberries, hash browns, freshly squeezed orange juice and of course, one fine looking young man wearing slippers and an apron. That's what I'm talkin' about!
I planned a very relaxing day. For someone who works as hard as Melissa I know there is nothing she would want more than to just relax. So, after breakfast we went for a nice one hour massage. Next she came home and I (being the wonderful husband that I am) treated Melissa to a manicure and pedicure. Sure, sure, I know what you're all thinking and it's not true. I've been happily married to the most beautiful woman for 3 and a half years and I don't intend on leaving her for someone else, especially not a man. So what if I'm better at trimming and polishing nails than fixing cars.
For dinner I treated Melissa to a night out at a really nice restaurant, Pasquales on MacLeod. We tried to fit in with all the rich folk, eating lobster tail and other fancy things. We didn't really fit in but it was still sooooo amazing!
A few days later we went out to dinner with some good friends, Amanda Thornhill and her soon to be hubby, Steve Greep, Marni and James Scott and Melissa's sisters Megan and Taylor. We went to Thai Boat. All I will say about the place is that you've gotta try the Thai Toast. Sooooo good!
Next we came back to our house for games and cake. Best Birthday Ever! I think I should just quit my job and party every day. I can't wait until our next date...


Thanks for the fun birthday sweetie! You're the best husband ever!!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a great birthday!
ReplyDelete