Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Touch of Class

Melissa returned from girls' camp on Friday afternoon to a clean house and the following invite waiting for her on the kitchen table. Having to work kept me from witnessing her reaction but I'm sure her heart just melted with love for the man of her dreams (Oh my goodness! I think I just threw up a little!)
First we attended a show-jumping tournament at Spruce Meadows, unfortunately no horses fell and broke their legs. I was hoping for an intense finish involving a shot gun and screaming children. Instead some young punk took first place and walked away with close to $19K. Balla!



Looking Good....


Nothing says class like a foam horse on a stick. I guess we couldn't be dignified the whole day.


While talking this picture I was also praying that the horse would bail. Bahaha!


These dudes look really important:


Of course, how could we forget the champion? Here's the young punk I was telling you about. 


After our morning at Spruce Meadows we enjoyed the best Shawarma's in town, from the Shawarma Station in Kensington. Yeah, yeah, it wasn't the classiest meal we've ever had but it certainly was amazing and worth the $16. 

We were supposed to attend MRU's Shakespeare in the Park down at Prince's Island but unfortunately we were rained out so we took some fun pictures out in the rain instead. 







To finish off the day we enjoyed Amato Gelato, because regular ice cream just isn't classy enough.


1 comment:

  1. First of all, you ARE the man of Melissa's dreams. Why do you think she's so in love with you???? lol

    I think the foam horse is much classier than those stupid big fancy hats that women wear to that other "horse" sport.

    And Gelato is far classier than ice cream. Ice cream is kinda boring, but Gelato...mmmmm, you're first class kind of people to me.
    Playing in the rain is so much fun. People here think I'm crazy that I walk to work in the rain all the time. It's just rain people!

    ReplyDelete